Friday, June 22, 2012

Lock Your Doors...No Burgers Allowed!


Like almost every mother, I am somewhat overprotective of my children. Even though we live in a relatively safe neighborhood, I always try to remember to lock the windows and doors when we are home.

Driving in the car is no exception! Just as buckling the seatbelt has become a habit, I have been trying to make locking the doors and back passenger windows a habit, as well! My eldest son has taken note. However, one day, in a rush to get everyone in the car and buckled in properly, it slipped my mind. Not long after rounding the first corner in our neighborhood, did I hear Justin exclaim, "Mom, you forgot to lock the doors!" "Oh, right. I forgot. Thanks, Buddy!" He went on to say, "Yeah, we don't want any burgers trying to get in!"

We both laughed at the same time, knowing he twisted his words! He really meant to say 'burglars'! I said, "Right...and no hot dogs, either! But french fries are okay!"

No comments:

Post a Comment